This cauliflower soup is so silky-smooth and dreamy, you’ll swear it has cream in it. It’s vegan, gluten-free, and paleo-friendly though, which is nice when you’re trying to watch your diet after a month of holiday gorging.
The soup is topped off with a vibrant raw cannabis and basil oil to give it a peppery, herbaceous bite. With the raw cannabis, you’re going to get all the wonderful anti-inflammatory and neuroprotective properties of THCA without any intoxication. Then again, if you’d like some of that THC action, you can always substitute some of the avocado oil in this recipe with a medicated version.
Start to finish: 1 hour (active: 15 minutes)
Yields: 6 servings
Approximate dosage: 0mg THC (you will get the health benefits of THCA from the raw cannabis, but none of the intoxicating effects of decarboxylated THC).
• 1 cup raw cannabis leaves
• ½ cup raw basil leaves
• ½ cup avocado oil
• 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
• 1 shallot, diced
• 3 garlic cloves, minced
• 2 cups leeks, thinly sliced, white stems only
• 1 large head cauliflower, chopped
• 4 cups vegetable broth
• ¼ cup cashews, raw and soaked overnight
• 1 teaspoon sea salt
• 3 tablespoons chives, chopped (optional)
• Finishing salt, to garnish